Mopane worms, also know madora or amacimbi is an african food from zimbabwe. although it doesn’t look that tasty it’s really nice zimbabwean dish!
1 cup mopane worms
half an onion
1 large maggi/ knorr cube
1tbsp cooking oil
*optional: 2tbsp cream or 2tbsp peanut butter
- Soak the mopane worms in boiling water for 2 hours or in cold water overnight.
- drain and put the mopane worms in a pot and cover with water. bring to the boil and let the water dry out
- Meanwhile, chop the onions and tomatoes into small pieces
- When water dries out, add the oil, tomatoes, onions and maggi and fry for 5mins or till cooked
- Optional: * add cream or peanut butter and cook for further 30 seconds
- Serve with sadza